Sunday, June 8, 2008

Artist Weekend

Whew, I'm exhaausted. Its been a full weekend. It started at 9:30 Saturday morning. I dropped off five paintings at Coppini Academy of Fine Art for the First Annual Texas Pastel Society Show. There were so many paintings there already! Fifty to sixty pieces. Fabulous.

After that I went the the McNay to participate in the paint out associated with the reopening of the McNay. What fun! I think there we fifteen to twenty artists there Saturday. I won't name names, I'd hate to miss someone. Its always so much fun to see how everyone works. Its interesting to see everything fr0m what equipment artists carry to how artists bring a painting to completion. I did a perfectly awful painting. I always feel pressured with plein air.
Thank God for Sunday.We arrived a little after ten and got started again. I went for something simple. I needed to feel something like success. I did a bit better today.
My weekend is over. Back to the real world...laundry... ironing...work...

1 comment:

Susan Carlin said...

Hi Chris- What if the real world is art and the art-support world involves laundry... ironing... work? Just a thought. This painting is just beautiful. You plein air folks amaze me what you can do without air conditioning!